Saturday, February 14, 2009

Chuck Biscuits!



Today let's talk about one of my favorite drummers; Chuck Biscuits. Above is a picture of Chuck as a young lad when he played with The Circle Jerks. Not only do the Circle Jerks have one of the greatest band names but they also [had] one of the greatest drummers too. Now I can't say much for the singer of the band...let's just say he aint Danzig! I know, I know, any punk rock purist would jam me in the eye with some sort of studded leather item for saying such a thing but hey Danzig was The Misfits so he should still hold some punk rock street cred. He's not a guilty pleasure because I will freely admit that I love Danzig but let's admit that he fell from grace some time ago. Anyhoo, I'm posting this today because I was in the mood to hear some Danzig and stumbled upon an older video with Danzig's best lineup (including Chuck Biscuits of course). I don't think I've ever watched Danzig live with this lineup, which surprises me. I can't remember seeing Chuck Biscuits play and after watching this I realize you would remember a performance like that.



Does this video make you want to put on a black tank top? It should.

Now I feel since I am posting this version of the song it's only fair to post this one as well:

3 comments:

  1. MOTHER ... sorry I just felt like singing Danzig

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me want to kiss Danzig. Goddamnit I love that guy. Oh, and you neglected to tell your audience that your wife and your idol have the same hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After watching that video, I tore the sleeves off my t-shirt and poked little holes all through it.

    Chuck Biscuits is a phenomenal name, but with others in the band the likes of Eerie Von and John Christ, it really is difficult to pick a favorite member.

    ReplyDelete